The PMI is designed to:
- Provide you with a professional
development experience that
strengthens and recognizes your status as a professional in the field.
- Provide your organization with confirmation of experienced and qualified professional management.
- Provide society with professionally trained managers of class programs.
The PMI will give you access to
the best information about planning,
marketing and managing
a class program. It is intensive
training that will supply the most
up-to-date data, facts and practical information to keep your program on the cutting edge.
Who Should Attend
The PMI is intended for directors,
managers and other professionals
conducting a variety of lifelong
learning programs, including
continuing professional education,
community education, recreation,
seminars and conferences, continuing
education, or any other
courses, classes, seminars and
Past PMI participants have
been directors, coordinators and
senior managers with at least one
year of experience in the field.
They have come from a variety of
institutions in more than 46 states
and provinces in North America,
Hong Kong, Germany, Italy and
Why You Should Attend
The field of lifelong learning has
changed significantly in the last
few years. There is increasing
competition. There are heightened
expectations for financial performance.
And there is tremendous
growth in the knowledge and
sophistication of management,
marketing and programming
techniques. All this means that
professionals in lifelong learning
programming cannot perform productively
training in the things they do
After attending the PMI, you will
have the information to be able to:
- Develop a marketing plan and understand key financial information.
- Design an effective brochure.
- Implement a registration process that increases customer value.
- Analyze customer data to support promotion efforts.
You will receive information not
available anywhere else. LERN’s
PMI should be mandatory for
anyone who wants to understand
all aspects of the lifelong learning
business, such as:
- The AIDA principle of brochure and web site design.
- How to determine when to cancel a course or event.
- Needs assessment surveys that give you actionable information.
- The difference between marketing and promotion.
- Customer service techniques that work.
- Program development strategies and how to select repeat programs.
- Key planning formulas.
The PMI will give you the most
training available in the field of
class programming. Your organization
will have strengthened its
professional management. You
will have helped professionalize
the field. You will receive recognition
for the knowledge and skills
you have acquired. And, you will
have the most complete preparation
available for the Certified
Program Planner (CPP)
Specifics on the content of this institute can be found here.