Specialist’s Open Learning training method
Open learning means that different students study different courses in a single class under the expert trainer guidance. Self-study approach under trainer’s mentoring is widely known since 19 century. How can it help in modern education for adults?
Problem to be solved:
Losses based on half-filled classrooms, uncompetitive schedule & prices. The source of the problem is the need to provide very special courses with few students.
Open Learning – video instead of lectures
Our “Specialist” training center developed and implemented the new approach for trainings based on students’ self-study in class. We combine self-study in class, webinars, and trainer’s mentoring.
The business idea: you can teach together students learning different courses by a single qualified trainer MCT. Student shouldn’t wait for the course, and training center shouldn’t waist money for small groups in the class.
The certain group of students is placed in the single classroom with trainer – expert inside. Each student may learn its own course using self-study materials. All courses for the open learning training belong to a common branch: Web courses, Microsoft system engineering, computer graphic, etc. The trainer helps each student when he needs assistance.
Open Learning - description
Since 2009 we provide the webinar trainings by our patented webinar inClass method (LERN award 2010). We use the live webinar recordings for open learning. So we have collected a great number of webinar recordings for hundreds of courses. Open learning students watch pre-recorded courses when they want: in class, at home, or by webinar translation as well. The live recordings give students a feeling of class attendance, he/she feels the rhythm of training, watches demo, practices, and labs.
Also all necessary training materials are available to open learning student. So student receives the real knowledge not a simple presentation.
Students do labs and pass tests
Student at open learning execute all labs and practices. Each workstation contains two computer monitors. One of them a student use to access the course content: video, text and audio. On the other monitor, student has access to the production environment so he can practice his skills at any time during the course.
There is a qualified Trainer in the classroom
Certified Instructors provide ongoing coaching, support and guidance throughout the training. They answer questions and provide additional instruction on-demand to increase student’s comprehension and retention of the course material.
Open Learning – advantages for students
- Instead of lecturing, trainer interacts with students.
- Everybody can learn in his own speed
- Personal scheduling – learn only topics you don’t know
- Personal interaction with trainer
- Learning is active, no passive
- Student can make a break at any time, i.e. to answer mobile call – no disturbing for trainer or class
- Open learning is 10% cheaper than traditional trainings
Open Learning – advantages for LP
- You can teach different courses in one classroom – competitive schedule!
- You can teach different courses at your customer’s place – it’s great economy on classes, trainer’s fees, lab equipment.
- You don’t need to wait for full class – competitive schedule, no clients are lost
- You can do Personal scheduling for trainers – happy trainers!
- Additional profit by using webinar records
- Happened in the year(s): We started in 2011, June.
- Investment: $10000
- Profitability increases 15% for 3-month period.
- Target group defined:
- Students for infrequent courses
- IT-Pro able to self-learning