LERN Annual Conference, Nov. 21-23, 2014, Orlando
The 2014 LERN Conference is Nov. 21-23 in Orlando, Fla. at the Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel.
Mark your calendar now!
Downloadable Brochure: Download Brochure
Thursday, Nov. 20:
8:30 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Pre-conference seminars
- More seminars than ever before!
10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Conference Registration
3 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- About the Conference, LERN and Orlando
3:30 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- LERN Leader Retreat
5 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- All-Conference Reception
Friday, Nov. 21
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Opening Session & Keynote
- 30 or more Concurrent sessions and roundtable discussions
- Exhibits open
- Networking Luncheon
Saturday, Nov. 22
8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- 30 or more Concurrent sessions and roundtable discussions
- General session keynoter
- International Awards
- Exhibits stay open
- Silent Auction
Sunday, Nov. 23
8 a.m. – Noon
- More concurrent sessions
- All New Nine Shift for 2014
- Conference ends by noon
Check These 8 Benefits
- The Best Experts — on finances, marketing, staffing and more. You won’t find successful practitioners like these anywhere else.
- New! More than 25 new sessions, more new sessions than ever, on the latest issues and trends.
- The Hall of Learning — pioneering concept in conferencing, a LERN original.
- Discussion Groups — join with others in the same institutional setting to discuss successes, challenges and opportunities.
- Your Professional Network — through formal and informal sessions, dinner and social groups, renew and expand your network of colleagues.
- Brochure Exchange — get hundreds of new ideas from the brochures and catalogs you take back home.
- Tracks — choose from the many sessions designed for your kind of programming.
- Energy — the most exciting week of the year for programmers is also a chance to invigorate your creative energies and get fresh ideas.
Who Will Benefit?
- Leaders will receive the latest information on financial, policy and planning issues to help make informed policy decisions and plan future directions.
- Managers and coordinators will get the most advanced and current tips and techniques on budgeting, programming, management, trends, marketing and brochure design to increase enrollments, boost income and save on costs.
- The content is geared to those in a variety of institutional settings conducting educational programs for the community, for business and industry, and seminars for professional development.
- Colleges, universities, public schools, recreation departments, vocational. Technical schools, hospitals, museums, health care organizations, associations and private providers will be represented at this conference. More than 900 participants will come from at least five countries.
Fred Bayley has been a popular speaker and presenter at LERN conferences for many years. A senior LERN leader for 15 years, he co-authored with Julie Coates a program analysis that led to our Program Review and Certification. From Forest City, North Carolina, Bayley has been in the field of lifelong learning for more than two decades. A practitioner who is also an energetic and friendly presenter, he is a highly rated facilitator.
Julie Coates is the world’s foremost authority on the demographics of learning. She is an author, speaker, and consultant in the area of learning and generational learning styles. Coates is Vice President of Information Services, LERN.
William A. Draves, CAE, President of LERN, is one of the nation’s foremost authorities on lifelong learning. He has a Master’s degree in adult education from The George Washington University in Washington, D.C. Draves is a popular speaker in great demand, and has given seminars in most states and in Germany, England, Canada and Australia. He is a past president of the coalition of lifelong learning organizations.
Suzanne Kart is a writer, presenter and practitioner on marketing and emarketing. Currently Director of Marketing for LERN, she is one of the nation’s leading experts on Twitter, social networks and generational communication for lifelong learning. She has more than 18 years experience in the marketing and communications fields. She does workshops across the U.S. and Canada on marketing, emarketing and generational communication. She also teaches online for the graduate school at the University of South Dakota master’s degree program in adult and higher education.
Greg Marsello is LERN’s Vice President for Organizational Development and a national authority on reengineering management and running programs. Marsello is a co-founder of LERN and was chair of the Board of Directors for 12 years. With more than 20 years in the business, he has authored publications, gives frequent seminars and does consulting on marketing, management and program development. Marsello is also President of Learning Connection, an independent lifelong learning program in Providence, RI. He started Learning Connection in 1980. With more than 15,000 registrations a year, Learning Connection is one of the largest providers of avocational and leisure learning in North America.
Julia King Tamang is LERN’s Senior consultant for Contract Training. She has over 15 years of experience in both selling and presenting contract training. King Tamang managed the contract training division that served many of Oregon’s biggest businesses – Intel, US West, Port of Portland, ADP, Hewlett Packard and more. Her responsibilities included sales, contract management, hiring, curriculum development and quality control.
Kassia Dellabough is a LERN Senior Consultant and Director, Office of Professional Outreach & Development for Students, School of Architecture & Allied Arts, University of Oregon. Dellabough’s areas of expertise include developing hybrid and flipped courses, and generational marketing.
The beautiful Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel is conveniently located near Disney’s BoardWalk, Epcot and Hollywood Studios.
The resort offers 17 restaurants and lounges, along with an awesome pool, health club and a fabulous spa. The daily resort fee of $10 includes internet access in your guest room, free local and domestic long-distance calls, and two bottles of water daily. As a guest at the Dolphin, you’ll also benefit from Disney’s extra Magic Hours, when one of Disney’s four theme parks offers you access either one hour early or two hours later than regular park hours.
To make reservations, call the hotel at (407) 934-4000, and tell the agent you are attending the Learning Resources Network conference. Rates are $179 for single and double rooms, $204 for triple, and $229 for quad, excluding taxes, fees and the daily $10 resort fee.
Reservations must be made by Wednesday, Oct. 29 at 5 p.m. EST but we expect the room block will sell out well in advance of this date.
Register by Aug. 1 to take advantage of the early bird discount and save $100. Remember, basic registration for the third person from your institution is always free!
There Are 6 Easy Ways To Register
Register Online (Online registration will open soon)
Complete the registration form in the 2014 Annual Conference Preliminary Brochure and:
Register by Email:
Send your registration information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register by FAX:
Complete the registration form and fax it, toll-free, 24 hours a day, to 888-234-8633.
Register by Phone:
Have your registration form ready and call Tammy at 800-678-5376. The phones are open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (CT) Monday-Friday.
Register by Mail:
Complete the registration form and mail it to:
LERN Conference Registration
PO Box 9
River Falls, Wisconsin 54022 U.S.A
A purchase order will reserve your place, with payment due at or before the conference. Please fax your registration and PO to us at (888) 234-8633 and we will email you an invoice.
LERN International Awards
Your program could be one of those recognized for innovation in programming, excellence in catalog or brochure design, a marketing effort, or exemplary management practice, or a noteworthy contribution to your community.
The winners represent the best of the best in lifelong learning and continuing education.
Remember, the more data you can provide that supports your submission, the more competitive it will be. All online submissions in the brochure/catalog/schedule category require the uploading of a PDF version of the nominated material. Submissions that are mailed in require four hard copies of the nominated material.
Download a copy of the LERN International Awards guidelines.
Submit your LERN Awards Nomination.