How the Online Course Works
- You can participate anytime, as often as you like. The online
course is "asynchronous," which means participants can
ask questions and make comments anytime, day or night. The
instructor will log onto the course 4-6 times a day and answer
questions and make comments.
- You only need Real Audio. The only special software you
need is Real Audio G2 or RealPlayer 7 basic, which will allow
you to listen to the lectures. The software is free and can
be downloaded from www.realaudio.com.
to listen to a sample presentation.
- Any computer, any location. You can use any computer you want
to participate in the course. Learn from work, from home, a
colleagueís computer, or any combination.
- About an hour a day. We suggest you spend about an hour a day
participating in the online course.
- No technical skills necessary. You donít need any technical
skill or knowledge to participate. You need to be able to get on
the Internet, have a browser like Netscape or Microsoft Explorer.
And you or a friend should download Real Audio for you. Thatís
it. Easy. Simple.
What You Do Online
Hereís what you do to participate in the online course:
- Read the chapter for the day. Each day we will cover 1-2
topics from the new book "Teaching Online," about 20
pages a day.
- Listen to the lecture. There will be a 15 minute lecture,
with slides, for each of the 5 days. Listen to the lecture anytime
- Ask the instructor questions. Next you will go into a
Discussion Forum, or chat room, where you can ask the instructor
questions and make comments yourself. Then check back in a couple
of hours, or less, to get the answer to your question or see what
others are saying. The instructor will be here 4-6 times a day to
write comments here and answer the questions.
- Discuss with your colleagues. There is a second Discussion
Forum, or chat room, where you and your fellow participants can
make written comments and talk about anything you want. Youíll
love networking with other teachers.
It's easy. It's fun.